Fleming Business Interests specializes in working with teams as they identify their current Team Dynamics. The review of The
Five Dysfunctions of a Team is a critical first step. We then take the next step with you in adapting the key characteristics
of basic team building. Your teams will be provided the tools to cultivate and achieve exceptional results utilizing the common
qualities and characteristics that currently exist.
FBI understands that Team
Building is not just a single event (though events do play a part), nor is it something that can be done solely by someone
outside the team, however utilizing outside consultants is recommended. Team Building is a task primarily for the team
manager and the team members themselves.
There is a basic eight step methodology at FBI that directs the Team
1. Have definite session and longer-term goals and know how the session goals lead
to the longer term ones.
2. Use an engaging and varied base activity that involves each participant doing
something that he or she enjoys.
3. Use an activity that achieves that engagement while having genuine parallels to
the workplace and has relevance with the session goals.
an activity that requires the same kind of skill sets and team approaches that are needed at work - albeit one that is removed
from the work itself.
5. Using an independent facilitator (outside the client company) - to allow all levels
to join in as equals and to avoid it feeling like a "sermon from above".
6. Debrief using a predefined process that highlights the workplace parallels and allows the participants
to extract their own learning rather than be preached to.
7. Use a proven mechanism to transfer the learning back to the workplace, ideally integrated within the debriefing process
8. Create and implement
follow up coaching for Team Leadership.